Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Makings of a Solid Afternoon

As I was out and about this afternoon doing some errands, I stopped at CVS to buy some much needed deodorant and get passport picture taken. While I patiently waited for the pictures to be processed and cut for me, I browsed around the snack aisle looking for something small to tide me over until dinner. This delectable item leaped off the shelf at me:



Needless to say, having devoured half a bag of these one drunken night a few months ago, it was the perfect snack. Of course, remembering the last time I had these made me start thinking about beer, since I was less-than-sober last time the delectable collision of Zest Taco and Chipotle Ranch graced my lips, and lo and behold CVS sells beer now.

Side note: I used to work at this particular CVS in high school and the person taking my passport photos was none other than one of my old managers whom I had always thought was really attractive. I was 16, scrawny and awkward around women when I worked there and she was about 24 or 25 and had an decently attractive and menacing looking boyfriend so needless to say I didn't have a whole lot of success there. She still works there, and still attractive, and now I am 23, significantly less scrawny and slightly less awkward around women. This still led nowhere, although I did make her laugh with some inane banter, which is a step....right?

Anyways, so I peruse the beer cooler looking for some good prices on tallboys, because why not have a tallboy and some delicious chips while I wait for my laundry to dry? I was going to go with the standard Bud Light, but as I was walking away out of the corner of my eye I saw that distinctively lame looking can of Natural Light. For $1.15.
That's right, 24 ounces of scrumptious smooth pilsner for $1.15.


Needless to say, things are looking up for the afternoon and that was easily the best $2.25 I'll spend all day. Now if only my parents had cable TV and a more comfortable couch....

(images courtesy of taquitos.net and naturallight.com)

No comments: