Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I rule

So today I finally have internalized the old grade school addage involving spelling and the placement of i and e next to each other.

For reference: "i before e except after c and sometimes in words like neighbor and weigh"

For whatever reason, it took me about 15 years to really grab a hold of this and actually implement it in my spelling actively. This results in my being cognizant of the fact that I had been spelling numerous words incorrectly for quite some time and now no longer need spell check to clean up my verbal diarrhea as often.
I have no idea why it took this long for me to get this, or why I randomly started humming that little ditty in my head, but for whatever reason the 10,000th time I did it in my life it made sense.

Also today, while on my lunch break, I planned on getting gas. I drove by the gas station on my way to grab some food (not in according with my NY Resolution btw - shame) and decided that despite the cheap price (2.96/gal compared to 2.99-3.01 near home) that I would get it on the way back.

Lo and behold, as I pulled in on the way back past the station, the attendant was in the process of LOWERING the price of gas to 2.92/gallon! I WIN! total awesomeness.

That shit totally made my day. In other news, I need a life if that is the type of crap that makes my day.

No comments: