Thursday, December 13, 2007

Shocking Realizations

As I was driving back to school from my lunch break yesterday, I unknowingly witnessed a drug deal. There was a kid sitting on a stone wall near the Dunkin Donuts, just hanging out, when a group of three other kids walked up to him. At this point, the guy on the wall and one of the kids on the group each awkwardly reach into their pockets, then slap each other five/ghetto hug. Then the group walks away and each kid puts something back into their respective pockets. If that wasn't a drug deal, I don't know what is. This suspicions of mine was also confirmed when the kid on the wall saw me sitting in my car at the traffic light watching him and proceeded to flip me off and scream something to the effect of: "what the fuck you looking you stupid fucking honky." Needless to say, when the light turned green I didn't linger around to find out if he had guns in his backpack or just more drugs and I hope never to see him again. Granted that may be difficult seeing as the DD in question is directly adjacent to school.

In other equally important and shocking news, I was informed by one of my students that Hannah Montana is none other than the daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus, of "Achy Breaky Heart" fame. NO WONDER this girl gets so much attention and is launching a music career based off of some dumb TV show! Her father is a famous musician!
Here I was convinced that some random ass girl named Hannah Montana was making it big on her massive reservoir of natural musical talent and was driving the whole world crazy. Not so much in fact. She's the over-privileged daughter of a former musician using an assumed name and the popularity of a terrible Disney TV series to jump to super stardom. What a farce.

And no, I am not at all jealous.

No comments: