Sunday, June 3, 2007

Why Maine Rules

I was walking home with my brother today from his graduation party and as we are talking he informs me that our neighbor asked if we wanted him to build us a garage at a good price because he was "looking into mass producing some garages." I'm not sure exactly what that meant, and I know my dad didn't either, and he politely declines.
My neighbor then goes on to offer a trade staight up to my dad - his house for the home of my now deceased grandmother which he owns across town.
That's right, he wanted to trade houses straight up with us, giving us the two adjoining properties at the end of our dead end street.

First of all, who the fuck offers something like that? Secondly, my bro thought it would be awesome because he and I and a couple of friends could move in there and have way more space and I wouldn't have to worry about finding a place to live or anything.

I told him the property we already own is probably worth a considerable amount more than this one, mom and dad would likely not go for this and would he really want to live RIGHT next to an elementary school instead of one house over? He still maintains this is the solution to our problems and I seriously considered trying to lobby my parents on this issue. Get the deal to include cash considerations, a professional cleaning and some general repairs and a paint job and we could be in business.

It's good to be home.

No comments: